Welcome to the Website of Essence International Financial Holdings Limited ("Essence"). This section explains our policy regarding any personal information you might supply to us when you visit this site. Essence adopts a high standard to respect the privacy of its customers and keep the information relating to a customer secure and confidential. Essence also educates and conducts regular training programs to all staff to keep them aware of the importance of customers' privacy and requires them to comply with strict standards of security and confidentiality. Information is collected on the use of web site from Essence's customers and Essence's web site visitors. If you do provide personal information, such as address, e-mail, telephone and fax numbers, as well as demographic and customer identification, please read our Circular to Customers and Other Individuals relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Circular") below in advance. We will maintain the personal information as well as your business activities and transactions, according to our usual strict security and confidentiality standard.
Data Collection and Usage
Essence collects personal data from Essence's web site visitors on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, title, e-mail address etc. Personal information held by Essence is kept confidential and Essence does not use customers' personal information for any purposes other than those already specified to customers herein or in the Circular or unless such usage is permitted or required by law.
When an individual visits this web site, Essence records the visit as a "hit", and gathers and analyses this information to compile general statistics about usage of Essence's web site. Essence may also collect other information from the visitors, on voluntary basis, in browsing Essence's website so as to personalise the settings or provide more useful information, promotions and contents to the visitors on the webpages. Information related to session management, user preferences and service entitlements may be stored in Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on a web browser that can be retrieved by this web site. For those customers using the real time quote services in Internet / Mobile Stock Trading, Essence will assign an identifier which will be stored in the Cookies after login. Customers may disable Cookies from their web browser, and if this is the case, they may be unable to access the Internet / Mobile Stock Trading services, some functions of Essence's Internet Banking services and other before login financial services.
Essence may also work with third parties which use applications such as Google Analytics to research on the number of visitors, usage patterns and behaviour for statistical analysis and reporting, and for the improvement of our marketing activities. Information recorded through the use of these applications is aggregated and then shared with Essence. No personal identifiable information is collected from this research.
Data Disclosure Restrictions
Essence follows strict privacy procedures in regard to protection of personal data. No disclosure of personal identifiable information to third parties is allowed except with the consent of the relevant customer or the disclosure has already been authorized in the Circular or otherwise is permitted or required by law.
Essence retains all records of online transactions for validation and auditing purposes. Information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the same are to be used. Those information that is no longer required will be erased and destroyed.
All personal data provided to Essence is secured with restricted access by authorized personnel who are properly trained in the handling of customer information and the protection of the privacy of personal data of customers. The authorized personnel report to Essence's Data Protection Officer who exercises routine supervision to ensure compliance with high security and confidentiality standard. Encryption technology is employed for sensitive data to protect customers' privacy during data transmission.
For further details of the policy and practice and the kind of data held by Essence, please contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Essence International Financial Holdings Limited
39/F, One Exchange Square, Central
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
This Statement is made by Essence International Financial Holdings Limited ("Essence") in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Ordinance"). The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
- The purpose for which your personal data and other information may be used include:
- the provision and daily operation (including without limitation, maintenance and administration) of the accounts and services and/or other financial services provided to you;
- conducting credit checks, matching procedures, data verification, due diligence and risk management;
- designing financial services or related products for your use;
- direct marketing of financial services or related products which may or may not directly related to your accounts and may be conducted by us, any Essence group of companies and its affiliates or other selected financial service providers;
- meeting the requirement to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on Essence or under and for the purpose of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities which Essence is required to comply;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of Essence in connection with merger, amalgamation, reconstruction or otherwise to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment;
- commencing, defending or otherwise participating in any legal or administrative proceedings or inquiry before any court or competent authority;
- internal data processing, preparation of internal statistical reports and any other reports; and
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
- Your personal data and other information shall be kept confidential. While Essence may transfer your personal data and other information interchangeably among any Essence group of companies and its affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere), Essence may, at its sole discretion and for the purpose(s) mentioned above, provide your personal data and other information to:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) who provides services to Essence in connection with the operation of its business;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to Essence or who has given to Essence an undertaking of confidentiality;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of Essence; and
- any person or regulatory or other authority to whom we are under an obligation or duty to make disclosure pursuant to any relevant laws, rules, regulations, codes or guidelines binding on Essence or any Essence group of companies and its affiliates.
- You agree that your personal data and other information may be transferred overseas under this policy.
- You acknowledge and agree to accept the risks that data and information disclosed under this policy may be subject to further disclosure by the recipient to other parties in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the recipient is located. Such laws may be wider in scope and implemented under less restrictive terms than in Hong Kong due to difference in applicable laws and regulations.
- You agree to allow Essence to disclose your personal data and other information for the purposes and to those persons set out in this policy and to use such data and information under this policy.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether Essence holds your personal data and right of access to such data;
- require Essence to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain Essence's policies and procedures in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Essence.
- You may request access to and correction of your personal data. Any such request can be made in writing to the Privacy Data Officer of Essence, at 39/F One Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong, or such other address as Essence may subsequently notify from time to time. Essence may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
- You consent that Essence may, from time to time, by e-mail, telephone call, physical mail or other means of communication, send to you any messages relating to products or services which, in the opinion of Essence, may be of interest to you. If subsequent to giving consent, you wish to withdraw your consent, you may notify Essence.
- Essence may collect personal information from visitors to our website. Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do not want to receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
- Your visit to this website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns.